Sunday, August 31, 2008

goodbye to a friend

You know, life is crazy sometimes. I have decided to cut out a friend from my life who I have known for the last 8 years, sometimes you just give and give and it becomes too much. I cant even say she has been a good friend because in all actuallity she hasnt. A freindship should be give and take not give and give and that is the kind of friend she was, I gave 200% and she gave 0 so I guess it is a good thing, but it still is hurtfull that she doesnt realize what a good friend I have been to her. I have figured out that I cant save everyone, I cant fix everyone...and that in itself is really a huge burden off my shoulders. I have spent the last 10 years trying make everyone happy because I lost my best friend, I have come to the realization that I dont have the power to fix anyone. If I give my best that is all I can do. I dont have the power to change anyone, that is Gods job not mine. And although it has taken a long time for me to figure it out I have finally realized what others do is not my fault, sure everyone has an influence on people and what they do but really the choice is theirs.........I am a good friend, sister, mother, wife, and daughter and all I can do is do my best and sometimes friendships just are not fixable and I have come to terms with the fact that this friendship is beyond repair and I will always cherish the memories and the good times, but really they are few and far between, I spent more time trying to help, fix, and comfort and in my tough times she wasnt there. But one great thing to come from the friendship is that I got a great friend in her sister who is honest, loyal, compasionate and a real true friend so in that I am blessed and I know that if I were in crisis she would be there and she has. I am so grateful to have such great friends and grateful to know the difference between good and not good friends. I have realized that I cant change people and If I am giving and giving with nothing in return, its not healthy or fair. I do not open myself up to many people but when I do I try to do everything in my power to have a good friendship and be a good friend, and I expect the same in return, and in this case it didnt happen, so as they say live and learn. I do not need disloyal, self centered people in my life so goodbye to her and good riddens...........

No comments: